If you smell gasIf you suspect you have a gas leak or if you're worried fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.
- Open doors and windows to let the gas escape
- Check your gas appliances are switched off
- Call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999
- Turn your gas off at the isolation switch (if you know where it is), then wait outside, and let your neighbours know.
- Switch lights on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or use any electrical switches.
- Smoke, light a match or use any other kind of naked flame.
- Go back into your home until you've got the all-clear.
If you experience a power cut you need to call your electricity distribution company. They look after the cable connecting your home to the national grid.
You can call the 24 hour electricity hotline on 105 and you'll be automatically redirected to the local distribution company free of charge.
Alternatively you can find your local distribution company on https://www.powercut105.com/FindOperator
If you have contacted your local energy distributor and they have advised the problem is at your meter point, please email email@example.com and someone will be in contact to assist you further. Please note that only emails relating to emergency situations will receive a response.